Medical Director Permanent Placement
Details: Board Certified Medical Oncologist Sought For Cancer Program Medical Director at a Premier, Regional Health System in Illinois.
The Medical Director, a system level position, will assist the oncology medical and administrative staff in developing & coordinating a patient-centered approach to the region. S/he is accountable for the overall quality, appropriateness, efficiency, and effectiveness of comprehensive clinical care within the scope of oncology service line. The Medical Director is responsible for clinical aspects of tumor site specific program development from screening, research, diagnosis, treatment, support and surviorship.
The Medical Director will assist in developing and implementing clinical policies and guidelines, assess clinical activities and performance, assists with monitoring and attainment of fiscal and utilization objectives, and assures compliance with appropriate regulatory, accrediting, and credentialing/privileging standards. The Medical Director acts as a liaison to the medical staff, and works closely to identify and resolve medical matters within the Oncology Service area and activities.
Key Responsibilities: (60% Administration, 40% Clinical Practice)
- Administrative and Medical Staff
- Patient Care
- MD Accredited School of Medicine.
- Board Certified in Oncology & Hematology.
- MBA or MPH preferred.
- Ten (10) years of oncology clinical practice.
- Strong strategic planning experience, clinical program development, and proven capabilities in financial aspects of oncology division.
- Thorough knowledge of population health, cancer research, and peer review.
- Experience with oncology accreditation (CoC) & community team based care.
- Demonstrated contribution to cancer research, education, and clinical excellence.
- Able to interact decisively and professionally in difficult and stressful situations.
- Desire and ability to promote patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Experience in guiding oncology accreditation and certification initiatives.
- Licensed or the ability to obtain licensure with the state of Illinois.
Financial and Benefits Package: Employed position offering a competitive, guaranteed base salary commensurate with experience. Plus, productive and quality bonuses with full comprehensive benefits package.
For more information, please send a confidential copy of your CV to Mignon Young: